About Me

My photo
I love everything about food, especially cooking for my family and friends. When I have the time, I quilt! My favorite thing....spending time with our Granddaughter Jayla! Please feel free to leave comments, ask questions and let me know how you like the recipe!

Monday, October 24, 2011

A Quikie with Pomegranets

Well hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  It was a busy one for us since Grandbaby Jayla was here.  Thank goodness we had plenty of leftovers in the fridge and cooking wasn't necessary other than breakfast.  Of course she is going through a fussy, I don't want to eat phase right now, but Gigi (that's me) always has something in the house she will eat.

The plan was to bake Halloween Sugar Cookies, but the weather was so beautiful, we spent as much time as she wanted outside playing in the fallen leaves, chasing Maxx (our dog) and riding her new Dora Big Wheels!  So much to Baboo's (that's Jayla speak for Grandpa) dismay, no cookies baked.

I did make a great fruit salad that my friend Kim passed on to me with Pomegranates that has me hooked.  It's quick, simple and oh so good.  Give it a try and let me know what you think! 

Grape & Pomegranate Fruit Salad

2 cups red grapes, cut in half
1 pomegranate
2 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
1 orange or tangerine, juiced

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and allow to stand for several hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment