About Me

My photo
I love everything about food, especially cooking for my family and friends. When I have the time, I quilt! My favorite thing....spending time with our Granddaughter Jayla! Please feel free to leave comments, ask questions and let me know how you like the recipe!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I'm Back!!!!!

Good morning all!  Wow it has been a long month!  Between my dear hubby coming home ill from overseas and all that entailed (thank you God, a small ulcer that is mending nicely) and then the daughter's encounter with a car while crossing the street, I have been going non stop and cooking/blogging has been pretty much on the back burner.  Janis is healing nicely although we have a long road ahead of us on that front.  With that said a good number of projects around here have been put on hold including the vegetable garden that we were looking forward to getting started.  At least the we have a small herb garden started and a few tomato plants in containers on the back deck.  Easter dinner was nice and I kept it small.  As planned Pat had his Turkey Dinner (I know it's not traditional, but he missed out on Thanksgiving at home this year) and I did make stuffed artichokes and the Grain Pie (yes, I know I promised recipes....but I will get them posted, better late than never).  Janis was able to have some Easter favorites and it sure beat what they served at the hospital that day.....Sloppy Joes.  Go figure!

So today is the first day of feeling somewhat normal for me and I can't wait to get started trying some new recipes.  Coming up this week will be my first attempt at Fregola Sarda and since it's Vidalia Onion time here in Georgia, I'm planning on stuffing them with spicy Italian Sausage and some other goodies.  It's also time to trim back the Chives, so Chive Butter is part of the plan for today.

One other note of a personal nature.  For all of our friends and friends of friends and so on, thank you for your prayers, support and good wishes for Janis' recovery.  It has been a difficult time for all of us and to say we are lucky to have you is an understatement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment