About Me

My photo
I love everything about food, especially cooking for my family and friends. When I have the time, I quilt! My favorite thing....spending time with our Granddaughter Jayla! Please feel free to leave comments, ask questions and let me know how you like the recipe!

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Shortcuts

Sometimes you just have to take shortcuts and yesterday was just one of those days.  Pat was looking for something sweet (he has a serious chocolate sweet tooth) and with it being 90+ degrees here already I just didn't want the oven on for long and couldn't get the oomph I needed to make chocolate chip cookies!

The cupboard included a couple of boxes of cake mix (I like to keep them on hand just in case) so I was able to mix up a quick batch of chocolate cupcakes.  Now what to do about icing them.  I just didn't want the usual powdered sugar or chocolate buttercream.  Let's see what else is in the cupboard.....ah ha!  Peanut butter -check, unsalted butter - check, powdered sugar - check...Peanut butter Butter cream to the rescue!

So here goes an easy, shortcut to something sweet.  The cupcakes were ready in 25 minutes start to finish.  Let them cool, butte cream took all of about 5 minutes (once the butter was softened).  So if it's something quick, chocolate and peanut butter gooey your after, this one will do it!


Peanut Butter Butter Cream

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted

Directions

In the bowl of your stand mixer on medium speed, cream peanut butter until light.  About 2-3 minutes.  Add softened butter and cream together until well incorporated.
Begin adding powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time and beat well.  (If you prefer a stiffer/sweeter buttercream, just add more powdered sugar.

Enjoy your cupcakes....We did!

Peanut Butter

1 comment:

  1. OH NO... I do hop you are not done posting. You have a stunningly beautiful blog. at the least, consider sharing a few of your back stock of recipes!


    Greetings. This is my first time on your blog, but you have a terrific one. I am always on the look out for new blogs, new ideas. I especially appreciate all the details you d0. Great photos makes it seem like anyone can replicate the recipe!

    I am asking, would you please consider posting a few of your favorite recipes on erecipecards.com
    http://erecipecards.com/

    It is a tool for bloggers to see and to be seen. Your posts would fit in perfectly.

    in addition, all photos, recipe titles as well as your blog name would link directly back to your blog. Thus giving you new attention and potentially new readers.

    Or, if you just want to take a look at a lot of fellow food bloggers all in one place. A great learning experience to get ideas about how to establish your own blogging voice!


    Please take a look. If you have any ideas or questions, please do not hesitate to write

    Dave
    http://erecipecards.com/
    Contact@eRecipeCards.com

    ReplyDelete