About Me

My photo
I love everything about food, especially cooking for my family and friends. When I have the time, I quilt! My favorite thing....spending time with our Granddaughter Jayla! Please feel free to leave comments, ask questions and let me know how you like the recipe!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bread Machine



Today is all about the bread machine.  I bought this for my husband a number of years ago and thought it would be something we would use all the time.  There is nothing like the smell of fresh warm bread, but to be honest with a full time job, lots of hobbies and all the rest (you know how it is) we just never seemed to bother.  Also the shape is a little off putting (very tall loaves).  We used it a few times and then it was put in the cupboard only to come out once in a blue moon.   We have tried all sorts of recipes, even bought a cookbook or 2 to try different recipes.  But all in all we were never quite happy with the loaves they produced.  That is until recently.  I have even begun looking at buying a different machine that would make a more standard looking loaf.  I even bought a bread slicer (since I can't cut straight).



A few weeks ago I downloaded a sample cookbook for my Kindle of "The Bread Lover's Bread Machine Cookbook" by Beth Hensperger.  I am so glad I did!  Did I say I love my Kindle!  The basic white bread is delish and I'm waiting for Pat to get home to try out other recipes (there are over 300 recipes).  The machine I have has a delayed bake cycle so I can set it at night and have fresh bread in the morning, but most of the time I get up in the morning and start a loaf.  It takes minutes to prepare and then just start the machine and go about your day.  So as I sit here writing, a loaf is in the bread machine.  I love the fact that I know everything that is in there (no additional chemicals) and it tastes so much better!  Tender, warm and delish in just 3 hours.                                                                                         

2 comments:

  1. Ms Judy, I could sure use one of those bread slicers in your pic. Where did you get it?
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can access the link above and it will take you to Amazon's page. I bought the one that I linked to and am very happy with it.

    ReplyDelete