About Me

My photo
I love everything about food, especially cooking for my family and friends. When I have the time, I quilt! My favorite thing....spending time with our Granddaughter Jayla! Please feel free to leave comments, ask questions and let me know how you like the recipe!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Review - "The Italian Slow Cooker" by Michele Scicolone

I've recently stopped buying cookbooks.  Let me re-phrase that, I'm being very selective about the books I buy and I have discovered the joy of the Kindle!  Granted, with the Kindle you don't get the pretty pictures, but once I've checked it out and drooled over it at the bookstore, I can pretty much live without the photos. I'm not going to go into all the reasons I love my new toy, but it is making life easier!

I have a couple of Ms. Scicolone's books including both Soprano's cookbooks and I like the way she writes.  Her recipes come out delicious, they are easy to follow and in the case of The Italian Slow Cooker simple to make.  Be forewarned though, a number of the recipes in this book do call for browning meat ahead in a skillet or sauteing items before putting them in the slow cooker.  The recipe I posted for the
Slow Cooker Chicken Stock is straight from her book.  There is also a recipe for Roman Oxtail Stew and a wonderful Beef in Barolo.  I haven't made them all, but the recipes I have tried have been delish!  So for those of you who like your slow cooker, I highly recommend you check it out whether in paperback or on Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment