About Me

My photo
I love everything about food, especially cooking for my family and friends. When I have the time, I quilt! My favorite thing....spending time with our Granddaughter Jayla! Please feel free to leave comments, ask questions and let me know how you like the recipe!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Sorry for not posting this yesterday folks, but it seems that I have come down with the flu!  Thought for a while it was just a bad cold, but with all of the other symptoms, like fever, aches and pains and the like....flu it is.  I need to get over this quickly!  So I will be living on homemade chicken soup with lots of dandelion greens for the next couple of days.  The good news is, no one here to pass this on to (except for Max the dog).

Today's recipe.....Irish Soda Bread.  So if you have about an hour, make this to go with your Corned Beef and Cabbage tonight!

Irish Soda Bread

4 cups all purpose flour
4 tbsps. white sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup margarine
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Lightly grease a large baking sheet. 
In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and margarine.  Stir in 1 cup of buttermilk and egg.  Turn dough out on to a lightly floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes.
Form dough into a round and place on baking sheet.  Bake in preheated oven for appox. 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment