About Me

My photo
I love everything about food, especially cooking for my family and friends. When I have the time, I quilt! My favorite thing....spending time with our Granddaughter Jayla! Please feel free to leave comments, ask questions and let me know how you like the recipe!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Fresh Strawberries - Not a Big Fan


Okay, I can hear a lot of moans and groans out there.  It's true, I am not a big fan of fresh strawberries.  Don't get me wrong, I like strawberry ice cream, strawberry jam (even made homemade jam once) with peanut butter on toast, chocolate dipped...those are all wonderful, just not plain strawberries.


I found some beautiful organic strawberries at Fresh Market and just had to buy them.  I was thinking of treating myself to some homemade crepes with Nutella and Strawberries.  And for those of you who have chosen to forgo wheat flour, I give you Rice Flour Crepes.  I'm also going to use them for dinner with the leftover Baked Chicken from the other day and freeze the rest for when Pat gets home next week!
Rice Flour Crepe


Rice Flour Crepe
(approximately 12 - 8" crepe)


1 1/3 cups Whole Milk, room temperature
3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp. sugar
3 lg. eggs
1 cup Rice Flour


Combine all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.  Refrigerate for 15 minutes to 3 days.
Preheat an 8"skillet over medium high heat.  Spray lightly with vegetable spray or butter.  Pour in 3 tablespoons of crepe batter; tilting pan to cover the bottom evenly.  Allow to cook for approximately 1 minute or until the bottom browns lightly.  Carefully flip and allow to cook for just a few seconds more, until barely brown.
Transfer to a plate and cover lightly with a towel.  After cooling the crepes may be wrapped securely and refrigerated for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.  Thaw in refrigerator before using.

Note:  Don't be upset when the first couple don't come out just right.  It sometimes takes a couple of tries to get the correct pan temp or get a groove going for cooking them.  Just put some butter on them and enjoy!

For the Nutella Crepe:

While still warm, spread bottom side of crepe with Nutella, add sliced strawberries to 1/2 of the crepe.  Fold top over, then fold into quarters.  Add additional sliced strawberries a sprinkle of Confectioner's Sugar or a dollop of whipped cream.

Crepe with Nutella filling and Strawberries
Judy Scott on FoodistaJudy Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment