About Me

My photo
I love everything about food, especially cooking for my family and friends. When I have the time, I quilt! My favorite thing....spending time with our Granddaughter Jayla! Please feel free to leave comments, ask questions and let me know how you like the recipe!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rainy Day in Georgia

Well it's another rainy day in Georgia and to top it off it's Ash Wednesday.  So I guess I should make something without meat.  Time for a little bit of inspiration, so back to The Talisman.

When Pat and I were in Italy several years ago we visited a lovely little osteria - Osteria da Mario, http://www.ricksteves.com/plan/destinations/italy/romefood.htm and I had the most wonderful Ceci & Macaroni dish I can remember. It was hot and rich and brought back memories of my childhood and Mom making something similar (remember, it's memories that tease your taste buds).  Well more about that trip another time.....time to try and re-create the memory or should I say taste.

So with cookbook in hand....I bring you something warm, hearty and dare I say.....Quick and Easy!


                                                                Ceci Soup Roman Style

1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Rosemary
1 clove garlic - chopped fine
3 anchovy fillets, chopped
1 tablespoon tomato paste dissolved in 1/4 cup water
1 can ceci beans (chick peas) with the liquid
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup elbow macaroni
black pepper

Place oil, rosemary, garlic and anchovies in a heavy bottom soup pot and brown well.  Add diluted tomato paste and cook slow for about 20 minutes.  Add ceci beans with their liquid plus one can of water.  Add salt and bring to a boil .  Add elbow macaroni and cook until pasta is done (about 8 minutes).  Add pepper and serve.

Serves 4
Takes about 30 minutes from start to finish


****Just a note, this is called a soup, but don't expect it to have a great deal of broth.  I also add grated Parm. to mine, because pasta always tastes better with cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment